Original 3/8” Storm Stoppers® are THE Plywood Alternative® for temporary window and door protection during strong storms, hail core, hurricanes, tornados and nor’easters. Storm Stoppers install without penetrating anchors such as screws and bolts, and our lightweight Large Missile 2 x 4’ Lab Impact & Wind Tested panels can be attached and removed in under a minute per window.
Here are the Storm Stoppers benefits that our customers love:
- Storm Stoppers can be cut with a carpet knife and a straight edge. No power tools are needed!
- Storm Stoppers are lightweight and easy to re-install before a storm, in less than a minute per window for first floor openings
- Storm Stoppers are translucent and let in lots of light
- Storm Stoppers are sold in kit form with all the components necessary for installation
- Storm Stoppers innovative use of the patented 3M Dual Lock Fastening System means there are no unsightly holes in your home
- Storm Stoppers have been approved by many Homeowner Associations (HOAs) because they look great
- Storm Stoppers have been Large Missile 2 x 4’ Impact Tested to ASTM E 1886 & ASTM E1996-06 Standards for winds
- Storm Stoppers have been “Wall of Wind” tested to 143 mph sustained winds and rain at the International Hurricane Research Center in Miami, FL
- Storm Stoppers oversized 65 x 108” and 76 x 85” panel sizes allows you to protect larger windows and get more window yield per panel
- Storm Stoppers are the first and only DIY storm window protection product that gives the homeowner a fast and safe exit from every opening in an emergency!
- Storm Stoppers are affordable. The average DIY (Do-It-Yourself) materials cost is between $5 and $6 per square foot for the Storm Stoppers Kit
Watch the Wall of Wind and Large Missile 2 x 4’ Testing Videos below!
Our office is in Downtown Orlando, Florida. Our business hours are from 8 am to 6 pm Eastern Time, Monday through Saturday.
Existing Storm Stoppers customers, make sure you check out the Tune Up Service page: Tune Up Service
Thank you for your interest in Storm Stoppers® The Plywood Alternative®