Storm Stoppers are the first and only hurricane window protection product that can be cut with a carpet knife and installed without screws or bolts. Storm Stoppers are a great alternative to heavy plywood and hard to install bolt on hurricane shutters and storm panels for sunroom hurricane protection and hurricane window protection. To request a DIY Quote for your home or business, please click here: REQUEST A QUOTE. If you’d like to receive an Original 3/8” Storm Stoppers sample, please click here: REQUEST SAMPLE.
Here are some of the many benefits of Storm Stoppers:
- Re-installs fast, in less than a minute per window
- Is translucent, and allows lots of light in
- No screws or bolts used, so no holes in the home’s siding or exterior
- Is lightweight and easy for a woman, a child or the elderly to re-install before a storm
- Original 3/8” Translucent Storm Stoppers have been Large Missile Level C Impact Tested to ASTM E 1886 & ASTM E 1996 Standards for Wind Zone 2 – 120 mph ≤ basic wind speed < 130 mph at greater than one mile from the coastline measured from the mean high water mark. Impact Testing was done at an ICC-IAS Accredited Testing Lab in 2005 (Original 3/8” Storm Stoppers)
- Is the first and only hurricane window protection product that can be removed from the inside in event of emergency
Storm Stoppers are the only storm window protection product that is sold as a kit. Each kit includes the Storm Stoppers oversized 65 x 108” or 76 x 85” panel, as well as 60 to 70 pair of regular fasteners, 2 removal handles & 2 location labels. Depending on the yield per panel, you may need more fasteners and installation components. Customer orders come with fastener spacers, adhesive bonding promoter and our color installation instructions and installation DVD.
Storm Stoppers are the first and only hurricane-tested alternative to bolted on storm panels, hurricane shutters and plywood that a homeowner can cut and install without any expensive and potentially dangerous power saws or drills. To cut Storm Stoppers, a homeowner needs only a carpet knife, straight edge and spring clamps. These can be purchased for less than $40 at most home improvement centers and hardware stores.
Storm Stoppers patented 3M Dual Lock fastening system has an all-weather adhesive on the back of each mushroom-headed plastic interlocking fastener. Each fastener bonds securely to a home’s window or door frames. The 3M Dual Lock fasteners that come in the Storm Stoppers kits come in mated pairs, in clear or black, as well as 1” and ½” widths, to accommodate the sizes and colors of most window frames. The clear 3M Dual Lock fastener looks best on white or silver window frames. The black 3M Dual Lock fastener looks best on bronze or dark colored window frames. We sell an optional CAPS (Cover And Protect Strips) to hide the fasteners on the window frame.
To learn more about Original 3/8” Storm Stoppers, please click on the Product Information Drop Down button above. You can also watch the demonstration video on Storm Stoppers & CAPS below.
To request a DIY Quote for your home or business, please click here: REQUEST A QUOTE. If you have any
further questions, please call the Storm Stoppers Main Office in Orlando, Florida at 407- 423-5959 or Toll
Free at 877- 575-7788. You can send us an email.
Storm Stoppers are in stock for immediate shipment. The average receipt time, from date of order to delivery is 7 calendar days.
Thank you for your interest in Storm Stoppers ® The Plywood Alternative ®.